In order to take part in the 9th UIC World Congress on High Speed Rail, all participants are required to complete registration and pay the registration fee.
Dear Pre-registered Participants
At the venue, it is necessary for you to have the ID card. The ID card is issued by the Registration Counter, however, in order to get the ID card, Registration Confirmation Sheet which contains the QR code is also necessary. Please be sure to print your QR code and submit it to the registration counter.
Registration Venue and Hours
- Lobby Gallery, Level B1, Tokyo International Forum
- Open hours:
- Monday, 6 July,
- 8:00–17:00 (Pre-opening)
- Tuesday, 7 July,
- Wednesday, 8 July,
- Thursday, 9 July,
Sunday, 31 May 2015 (Deadline extended)
Wednesday, 10 June 2015
Full programme Congress, Exhibition, Lunches,
Welcome Reception, Gala Dinner, Technical Visit*2
|UIC Member||Non UIC Member|
(Until 30 April)
(Information on tours for accompanying person will be updated on the website in due time.)
(1USD=about 120JPY. 1EUR=about 140JPY. Please check the latest rates.)
- *1 Students will also be asked to present your identification card at the registration desk onsite. Registrations in this category are not entitled to attend Welcome Reception, Gala Dinner or Technical visit.
- *2 Registrants for full programme are entitled to attend a technical visit on Friday, 10 July 2015. Please note that capacities are limited. The registration for the visit is on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be closed once each visit reaches the maximum capacity.
Click here for further details.
- *3 Registrants for full programme are entitled to register up to two accompanying persons per registration.
In order to make a reservation for accommodations at the official hotels, you are firstly requested to complete your registration.
Click here for further details.
Method of Payment
VISA, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express and JCB credit cards are accepted forms of payment. Registration fees are payable in Japanese yen only. To check the exchange rate, please click here for your reference.
Payment should preferably be made by credit card.
Please contact the Registration Secretariat if you wish to pay by bank transfer.
Bank charges have to be borne by the participant.
Change & Cancellation
Change or cancellation must be done in writing (by email). The amount of refund will depend on the date and time you notify the change or cancellation to the Registration Secretariat.
Please note that registrations are non-transferable. You will not be able to transfer the right of your registration to any other person. Additionally, refunds will not be given for no shows.
Cancellation notice received at
|Until Thursday, 30 April 2015||50% of your total registration fee will be charged|
|On and after Friday, 1 May 2015||No refund|
Upon completion of your payment, you will be able to download your Registration Confirmation sheet, which contains QR code, via My account page. Please bring your confirmation sheet to the registration desk onsite.
Upon completion of your payment, you will be able to download your receipt via My account page.
Visa Supporting Documents
In addition to a valid passport, some foreign nationals are required to obtain a visa, issued by the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country, to enter Japan.
Registrants who requires visa are able to make a request to the congress organizer for the visa supporting documents. Due to the official nature of the documents, completion of pre-registration including full payment is required in advance.
After confirming the registration and full payment, Registration Secretariat will send the visa supporting documents’ application form by email attachment. Please fill in the form and send it back to the Secretariat no later than one month prior to the Congress. Please note that your application will be reviewed by the organizer and in some cases issuance of documents may be declined.
The Japanese Embassy or Consulate may also request you to fill in other forms and/or provide additional documents. We strongly recommend that you contact the embassy in advance, to check their specific requirements.
For details of the procedures, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or contact the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country as steps may vary from country to country,
- It sometimes takes more than a month to obtain a visa from the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country. We suggest you to complete the registration and payment well in advance to receive the visa documents application form from the Registration Secretariat.
- The documents issued by the organizer do not assure the applicants of obtaining the visa but will be judged by the Japanese Embassy or Consulate where you have applied for your visa.
We, Secretariat for the 9th UIC World Congress on High Speed Rail, are committed to respecting and securing your personal information submitted. The Secretariat shall adopt reasonable safety measures in an effort to prevent illegal access, loss, alteration or leaks of personal information collected.
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes.
- Providing information on the Congress and other future related Congresses.
- Operating and managing the Congress and responding to inquiries from registrants.
- Sharing information with the organizations and companies involved in the Congress for the preparation and operations.
ContactRegistration Secretariat for the 9th UIC World Congress on High Speed Rail
c/o Congress Corporation
Business hours: 10:00-18:00, Except Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays